The West Coast and a road trip go hand in hand. A car full of bikinis, wettys, boards and a load of excitement for a new adventure – we were set to hit the road. Hugging the wild west coastline we made our way from Perth to Esperance. Esperance is known for its pristine sandy beaches, turquoise water and of course the famous Cape Le Grande National Park. We spent 4 days soaking up every part of this paradise.
- Beach hopping Grand Ocean Drive
- Rock jumping at Twilight Bay
- Skating through Cape Le Grande NP
- Hiking Frenchmans Peak
- Surfing turquoise waves at Lucky Bay
- Downtown Espresso - The toasties and coffee are the best we’ve had!
- Pier Hotel - Can’t beat the beach front location and the woodfired pizzas are damn good!
- Taylor St Quarters – Killer spot on the harbour. Epic seafood plates and local live folk music
- Esperance Chalet Village, cannot beat this place. Complete seclusion
After an epic few days exploring Esperance , we didn't think there was anywhere that could top it, until we ended up in Albany! A stones throw from two national parks, dramatic coastlines and remote hiking trails - it really was another paradise to tick off the West Coast bucket list.
-Hiking Bald Head in Torndirrup National Park
-Swimming amongst the massive rock formations at Elephant Cove, Denmark
-Exploring the many crystal clear beaches in Two Peoples Bay
- The Alkaline Cafe - Killer smoothie bowls and fresh coffee
-Due South - Epic view of the amazing Princess Royal Harbour and local seafood!
Middleton Beach Holiday Park - complete beachfront. Perfect spot for sunsets
Leaving Albany salty, happy and on a high, we couldn't think of a better way to end our West Coast roadie than a trip to the iconic Rottnest Island. Turquoise waters, no cars in sight, bike tracks leading to endless beaches, snorkelling and surfing all in one.. dreamy! We jumped on the ferry, hopped on our bikes and spent the next 4 days in complete paradise. Its safe to say that West Oz has some of the best beaches in the world.